R550.00 – R1,500.00
The origins of The University of the Witwatersrand (Wits) lie in the South African School of Mines, which was established in Kimberley in 1896 and transferred to Johannesburg as the Transvaal Technical Institute in 1904. In 1923, the University gradually vacated its orginal buildings in Eloff Street to move to the site where it stands now. The Great Hall was envisioned as the centre of the Campus, perched high on the Braamfontein ridge. Construction of the Great Hall, and the rest of Central Block, the building in which it is located, began on 4 October 1922 when the University was inaugurated. The foundation stones of the building (one in English and the other in Dutch) were laid by Prince Arthur of Connaught, then the Governor-General of the Union of South Africa.
Limited edition 1/100 print, 200mm x 200mm
Giclee print on 200gsm, Archival Matt
* each print includes a bespoke sticker story (to be placed on the back of a frame), the contents of this prints story can be seen above.
300mm x 300mm Aluminium Box Frame with artwork float mounted and centred
|FRAMED OR UNFRAMED?*||
No Frame, Black Aluminium